In this workshop, Leilani Arthurs, Chu-Lin Cheng, Carly Flaagan, Pierre Lu, and Patrick Shabram, share course design principles and evidence-based instructional practices, common reasons for a lack of uptake of these practices, a framework for pedagogical or teaching-focused professional development, and strategies for implementing this professional development framework. Participants will answer:
- How similar and/or different is the pedagogical professional development landscape for STEM faculty and instructors at your institution compared to the three cases discussed in this presentation?
- Based on information from this presentation and/or ideas sparked during it, what are possible ways to further build upon and improve the opportunities for pedagogical professional development for STEM faculty and instructors at your institution?
- Leilani Arthurs, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Chu-Lin Cheng, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- Carly Flaagan, Front Range Community College
- Ming-Tsan Pierre Lu, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- Patrick Shabram, Front Range Community College